Sunday, December 16, 2007

Oh what a weekend!

Well, there was certainly plenty of action around over the weekend!
This is not the weekend wrap-up (as that will come later), but I thought I would express a few thoughts and bring a few items to the markets attention:

I was having a good chat to a few of the local WSE chatters (Ivan, Sportsbets) and we joked over the validity of the SL.Oil IPO listing which was receiving votes in the application stage. A novel idea, but definitely falling outside the new listing rules. We were a little concerned that the new rules weren't being followed. Now, I'm not sure if that conversation went further, but it seems the strong-arm of the WSE came down and removed it not long after.
This seems to have sparked another market-wide sweep of conformity within the application listings.

I haven't been watching these very closely, but I wanted to put out the topic for discussion:
Do you think more analysis should/could be done on the application listings?
Would you vote for those you thought looked promising?
If yes, would you consider buying into the IPO?

I will be putting up a poll shortly and would appreciate your feedback. If enough people would like to see some more analysis, I will find a resource to complete this.

Sincerely,
Logansan Oh
- CEO, Chairman

0 comments: